Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rituals Of The Oak Review

Rituals Of The Oak "Hour Of Judgement" Cd/LP 2009 Review

[Eyes Like Snow]

Rituals Of The Oak is a Doom Metal band from Australia. When I first listened to this band was because of their 2009 demo. Considering the fact that from Australia there are not so many doom metal bands, I was enough prejudiced when it was time to listen to their album. Fortunately, I was wrong because from the very first second of the first song, I realized that Rituals Of The Oak, are my new favourite band. As the time was passing by, and I was even more used to their sound, I believed that even more. It is a doom metal band with female vocals and their sound is exactly how doom metal should sound like nowdays. Clean vocals lines reminding The River. All the songs are true masterpieces, and you don’t know to which you want to listen first. The last 12-minute opus song of the album under the massive title “spell of doom” is a song that before you listened to it, you clearly know what to expect. I am not going to say anything else about this band. Listen to their album and you will understand exactly what I mean. As I have said before, with bands like them, doom metal will never die. As for those of you who haven’t listened to this album yet, follow my advice and do it immediately.

Web: http://www.myspace.com/ritualsoftheoak

MitsDoom (Holy Sword/Children Of Doom)

No comments:

Post a Comment